Planning to stay at one of the oceanfront hotels in Daytona Beach over Halloween? It's a spooktacular time of year with plenty of activities for young and old alike to enjoy! From hayrides to costume contests, parades and festivals, you're sure to have a great time. Here are just a few events to consider: Enchanted Forest
- Now in its 23rd
year, this not-so-scary Halloween event features a fantasy-filled hayride show for the whole family, on October 24-26, from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm. Reed Canal Park in South Daytona hosts the event which features an enchanted hayride through the "forest" while local high school drama clubs perform memorable fairytale skits. Haunted Trail & Zombie Shoot
- If your idea of fun involves shooting "Zombies," then you should head over to Daytona Beach Paintball on Saturday, October 25, from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. The event also features a20-minute haunted trail and costs $8 per person ($2 for extra paintballs). Great Pumpkin Fest
- Carve out some time to head to City Island in Daytona Beach on October 25-27, for the first annual pumpkin festival, featuring costumes, goodies, pumpkins and fun. The event will include a trick-or-treat street, costume contest for all ages, entertainment, harvest foods, arts and crafts, and more. Admission is $10, or save $3 when you bring a carved pumpkin. Ocean Walk Shoppes Boo Bash
- Bring the kids from 3-7 pm on Saturday, Oct. 26 to Ocean Walk Shoppes for a safe trick-or-treating experience at all participating retailers. There will be music and a costume contest along with free midway games for kids. Adults can have some fun too. Mai Tai bar will host a costume contest for adults with a $750 cash prize. Halloween Parade & Costume Contest
- New Smyrna Beach hosts a Halloween parade on October 31, at the corner of Orange and Canal Streets. A costume contest follows the parade, but only homemade costumes will be judged! No pre-registration required. Call 386-424-2175 for more information. Halloween at The Jam Spot
- The indoor play and learning center in New Smyrna Beach hosts a Halloween Costume party on Thursday, October 31 from 10 a.m.-5:30 pm. During Halloween week, The Jam Spot will offer Halloween craft make-n-takes. Check their Facebook Page
for updates and more information.
A couple of local nightclubs will also be hosting Halloween parties and costume contests. Razzle's hosts their party on Halloween night, starting at 8 pm, while Blue Grotto hosts its Halloween party and costume contest with cash prizes on Saturday, November 2, starting at 10 pm. Best all around costume wins a cruise for two! If you need reservations at one of the oceanfront hotels in Daytona Beach, check out the accommodations at the Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn. This family-friendly hotel features ocean view rooms, an oceanfront pool with a spacious sun deck, and tastefully decorated room with refrigerators, microwaves and free WiFi for your convenience. Call 800-634-0098 to book your Daytona beach vacation today.