Family vacations are a great way to relax and have some fun. They also present some challenges when it comes to dining out, especially when you're traveling with children. Not every restaurant is family-friendly, and if you're new to an area like Daytona, it can be a challenge finding out which restaurants will accommodate your kids. To make the selection process a little easier, here are a few of the best family restaurants in Daytona Beach: Don Vito's Italian Restaurant
- This family owned and operated Italian restaurant is located in the quaint Beach Street area directly on International Speedway Blvd., across the bridge from the beach. Don Vito's serves up homemade Italian favorites, pizza and unique dishes featuring meats, seafood, vegetables and freshly baked bread. Kids' menu includes spaghetti with choice of meat sauce or meat balls. Bubba Gump Shrimp
- Shrimp and seafood lovers enjoy great food and friendly service at this chain restaurant whose name and décor is inspired by the movie "Forrest Gump." Located directly across from Ocean Center, and next to the historic Oceanfront bandshell, Bubba Gump features outdoor seating and is open for lunch and dinner, seven days a week. Crabby Joe's Deck & Grill
- Another popular choice among Daytona restaurants is Crabby Joe's. Located on the Sunglow Pier in Daytona Beach Shores, this family-friendly restaurant maintains a simple, rustic décor with a nautical theme. Featured specials include their famous fish sandwich and steamed shrimp with seasoning choices of garlic, spicy, plain or lemon pepper. Hog Heaven Bar-B-Q
- There are several BBQ restaurants in Daytona, but only one Hog Heaven. When you're in the mood for country-friendly, family-style pulled pork and smoked ribs, you'll be right at home. Located next door to the Ocean Center, you can dine in or order take-out pork ribs, BBQ chicken, fried catfish and kids' baskets. Cracked Egg Diner
- Looking for the best breakfast and/or lunch in town? Head to The Cracked Egg Diner. There you'll enjoy delicious omelets, classic dishes like eggs benedict, pancakes, Belgian waffles and more. Lunch features homemade soups or Texas chili, hot and cold sandwiches and half-pound burgers. One of the advantages about The Cracked Egg Diner is its location - just across the street from the Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn. We offer families a friendly, affordable, and clean motel with oceanview rooms. Visit our website or call 800-634-0098 to make your reservations today.