Many families from out of state who vacation at Daytona beach front hotels do so for one compelling reason: they can walk to the beach. That's a major convenience when you're trying to manage children, and essential gear like beach towels, sunblock, sand pails and shovels. Central Florida residents can splurge on a hotel stay for the same reason. But if your family's budget is tight, you can enjoy a staycation and drive to the beach for the day. There are several wonderful beaches in the area from which to choose. Here are 5 of the best family beaches in Central Florida:
1. Canaveral National Seashore
- This national park is a great place to go when you're looking to escape the crowds. Its undeveloped beach features limited services, so be sure to pack a cooler with plenty to drink and eat. You can also go hiking, boating and fishing. Park rangers present monthly interpretive programs for children and adults alike.
2. Daytona Beach
- You don't have to stay at one of the Daytona beach front hotels to enjoy the sand and surf. One of the big attractions of Daytona is the ability to drive right onto the beach. Just watch out for pedestrians, sunbathers and wildlife.
3. Cocoa Beach
- An hour's drive east of Orlando, this quintessential beach town offers plenty of ways for you and your family to have fun in the sun. There are several oceanfront parks as well as "stub-end" street access to the Atlantic Ocean. When your family isn't building sand castles or splashing in the waves, you might consider taking in a surf lesson. The Space Coast is home to over 100 of the best surfing spots on the East Coast.
4. Crescent Beach
- Located on the southern end of Anastasia Island, near St. Augustine, Crescent Beach is a picturesque seaside town featuring 20 miles of unspoiled beaches and protected bays, lakes and rivers.
5. Melbourne Beach -
Another area that's great for families is Melbourne Beach. Enjoy a wide expanse of white sand and surf, or do some fishing at Sebastian Inlet, near the south end of the beach. If you would like to stay at one of the Daytona beach front hotels for the weekend, check out the Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn. This family-owned property is located in Daytona Beach Shores, and features clean, comfortable, and affordable rooms. Come for a weekend or stay longer in one of our efficiency units. No matter which room you book, you'll always enjoy an ocean view.